Monday, October 4, 2010

goals.

I started the year with a lot of ambition.
Now that I am down to 3 months, it's time to get real.

Here are the things I've done:

3. Learn more about the practice of yoga.
yay hot yoga!
4. Post my artwork on Etsy.
How about at Epona and Oak? Does that count? I think it does!

Here are the things I didn't do:

1. Reduce the waste that is produced in my home.
5. Begin training for a tri.
So... I had this brilliant idea to run a marathon instead... what?! And by the looks of things... I've fallen short. Boo!
6. Become a regular at a used book store.
I went to Edward McKay for the first time ever! what?! How is it that I was an english major and I never went to this bookstore until now?!
Still working on that whole "regular" bit.
7. Take an art class.
Does going to ahpeele and watching them screenprint count? No? ok.
8. Read at least 3 classics.
What's a classic again and why did I think I wanted to read one?
10. Spend one day a week exploring, playing, creating, doing. hmm I think I should start by "spend more time picking out realistic goals"

Here are the things that I still hope to accomplish:

2. Work on muscle toning and development.
9. Bake bundt cakes and deliver them to friends. I really should find this recipe... it's not too late!

10 Shared Goals


Done:

2. Paint the living room, bathroom and office.
Living room- check! Office- half a check... and we're ripping out the bathroom floor this week.
5. Plant a garden in my backyard. There was a garden. It yielded some spinach, some cucumbers and a lot of peppers. I didn't really help much to be honest though.
10. Go to San Diego. I think we're going in February... just after we go to the Philippines! I can't believe it!!! I got my passport and I'm saving my pennies!

Didn't do:

1. Visit all of the state parks in NC.
When Scott got laid off, we decided to put this one off.


Still some hope:
3. Start a dinner club. Maybe it's not too late to start this one...
4. Go on more picnics. The weather is perfect! No excuses!
6. Participate in a collaborative art project.
I started one, and it flopped. But I'm brainstorming a larger scale operation!
7. Throw a dance party. Let's just say we have some ideas...
8. Volunteer with at least 3 organizations.
One down, two to go.
9. Visit local vineyards and wine tastings. This needs to happen soon!

1 comment:

Edward McKay Used Books said...

Congratulations on your goals for self-improvement! And... thanks for coming to our store!

Edward McKay Used Books